Tuesday, September 08, 2009

2 more weeks!

It's already week 7 this week, 2 more weeks and I'm be on my mid term holiday! And, that also means 8 more weeks till finals and 12 more weeks till the end of the term! That's how fast time flies. I go to uni from Monday till Wednesday only, I don't even know how I spent my weekends and before I realize it's Monday again. sigh... I guess I have been wasting time a lot.

2 weeks ago, I went to ChamShan temple located in Morriset, it's around 40 minutes drive away from Newcastle. It was my first time visiting a temple in Australia and I was pretty excited about it. The temple was nice, the people were nice too! It's more of a cantonese speaking temple, but I'm glad I am able to understand it all thanks to the TVB dramas I have been watching all this while. Visiting the temple is now a fortnightly event for the uni newly formed Buddhist Society.


On a totally unrelated thing, I have tasted my first char koay teow in Australia!!! *big wet eyes* Even though it is not very authentic but the flavour and the fragrance of wonderful char koay teow is there! *bliss*

I just registered for IELTS exam in November, I really hope I can get at least 7 for each component so I don't have to retake it. I really need to brush up my English, I know my grammar is horrible and my vocab is limited. How to score like that! T__T Yesh yesh I know I should read more books but my reading phase comes and goes. And now I'm not in the reading phase. But on a bright side, I just bought 2 books during the book fair last month for 4 dollars each! All I need now is to get myself into reading it.

That's all for now, will update more! It's Wednesday again tomorrow!

No comments: