Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day out

My neighbour wanted to bring his 2 kids to the town so he decided to brought me along! =D
So yesterday, I went out with them. It was great. The place was great! Went to a few places, like the higher ground lookout area and some historic places. Wanted to go the fort Scratchley. The only fort in Austalia to have engaged the enemy in a maritime attack during Word War II. But unfortunately it was closed on that day. So probably I'll make a trip down this Saturday or something and by then I'll explain more of it and with pictures included! Gotta drag someone go with me!
So I went to the Obelisk. A prominent feature on Newcastle's skyline, once used by ships to identify Newcastle Harbour and guide them. It was also a water reservoir, but it closed down after an explosion during 1985.

-the obelisk-

-view from the obelisk, the furthest island looking thing is the Nobby's Beach landmark-

-can you see the Christ Church Cathedral and the left side of the middle part? Beside the tree, next time I'll go near there and take pictures, I heard it's a really beautiful Cathedral-

-random view-

And then this lookout place, I dunno what is it called tho, my neighbor just told me it's just a lookout area, a perfect spot for parachuting.

-damn nice right!!-

-someone there preparing for parachuting-

-so relaxing-

Shepherd's Hill, also near the King Edward Park. He drove in the park down there, and I saw this really nice Rotunda date back to the earlist days of Newcastle, sadly we didn't stop down and take a picture but I manage to find a picture of it in the net.

-it is a tad blurry here coz I had to enlarge it-

-King Edward Park-

-random view-

-nice right!!-

-jail looking building-

- it was a radar station, then it was moved-

-there are tunnels inside, but they barred up the place so no stray person go in and live inside-

-one of the base I managed to get in-

-and got vandalized summore-

Besides, I also found a perfect spot to jump off the cliff, apparently, I'm not the 1st person found out...

-the perfect spot-

-already got so many memorials-

I went to the Blackbutt Reserve too! Guess what I saw?!!!
BABY KOALA!!!! Climbing at the mama Koala's back!!! Damn CUTE!!!

-see?!!-

-closer view-

That's what I've got for now, probably will make another trip down by myself and drag someone with me this weekend!! I'll see if I manage to get up and go to the Honeysuckle Market on Saturday!! Till then... ta~

CORRECTION!


-this is cockatoo, not parrot-

-if you can't see clearly in the pic above, this is how cockatoo looks like-

2 comments:

justin k said...

OMG such a nice view!!!! Is it cold there since you guys are wearing layers.

Yes...the cliff is a purrrfect spot to 'thiao hai'!

The buildings there are not very tall are they? From what I can see it's about 3, 4, 5 floors.

michiko said...

It was pretty warm that day, that's why I was wearing skimpy jacket. and I even had to take it off coz it was too hot.

OMG, you know the word "tiao hai"!! O.o

the trees here are taller than the buildings. Most of it... The tallest building I can see here is the cathedral.