Thursday, July 31, 2008

Trip to the Newcastle Town

Holiday is over. I'm back to my mundane uni life. And I've got a part time job! Only 8 hours per week tho, but it's good enough to pay for my shopping and food rental fees. During my holiday, I spent most of the time working. All my tiredness, sore back and shoulders finally paid off when I got my pay!! *grin*

Of course, I also taken the chance to explore this place that I've stayed for half a year and for the next one and a half year. Not that I don't have the chance anymore, but when the uni starts, I will not have much time going out to explore anymore. Newcastle is pretty much a small town. I can't go to the beaches during winter, so I'll only do so when the summer comes. So left the historic places and scenic areas to explore. I wasn't able to go all of it because of the time constraint but I’ll do so in the future.

To save your time reading my crap, I present you the pictures. The pictures are not in order. The reason is I'm lazy to drag all the pictures down.


-lunch for day 2-

-Siang's lunch for day 2-

-Newcastle cathedral, very nice ol' building-

-from another angle-

-inside of the cathedral-

-I dunno what it is, anyone who knows please tell me-

-view from the cathedral tower-

-another angle-

-another angle 2, the round thing is the place called Stockton, another part of Newcastle-

-see how tall it is the tower is-

-we are all from INTI DCMAU-

-face-like canon or whatever it is called-

-grumpy old lady-

-Fort Scratchley-

-Manning mah fort. Look! the battleships have arrived, prepare to fight!-

-Waiting for my food-

-my dinner for day 1-

- erm.. erm... I forgot what it's call, al funghi risotto?? something like that(dinner for day 1)-

-View from fort Scrathley-

-Nobby's beach behind me-

-Convict Lumber Yard, for the history, click here-

-just a clinic, coz it looks so different, but that's pretty much how the houses in the city looks like, some of it, not all of it.-

-I think this is interesting, 7 different colours houses in a row sloping down-

-Just a lookout area-

-the picture says it all-

If you are wondering why I have 2 different clothes, this is because I made it 2 trips there. Went with different people to different places. I still got tones of pictures, but too lazy to upload all of it here. I'll post it up in my facebook and my picasaweb. So check it out over there!

Conclusion: Newcastle is not that bad after all...

*Coming up next: One day trip to Sydney

2 comments:

justin k said...

OMG!!!!! The food looks so fucking delicious!!!!! What was the thing you had for lunch Day2? And the mushroom risotto where did you get it?!

michiko said...

the lunch for day 2 was oven baked chicken with melted cheese. it was really good! hehe!! with avocado and pumpkin too!
I got the mushroom risotto in a restaurant called 8 ounce. quite nice... just a tad salty for me and my friend.