Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The nothing to do holiday

I'm finally on holiday after 3 weeks of torturing.

So... I have no plans for holiday... =( Maybe I did have some plans... but not for now...


I plan to go around Newcastle town, sight seeing, I got myself this Newcastle guide and I found a lot of interesting places I never been.
I plan to go to Sydney, but not in another 4 weeks time.

I have a few of series to watch.... at least 4 including Prison Break season 1,2,3, House season 1,2,3, Criminal Minds season 1,2,3, Grey's Anatomy season 1,2,3,4, that's what I know I've got... oh and an unknown series Bambino.
I also have lots of movie, I've got a DVD library in my neighbor's place and I can go get it anytime I want, in fact, there are a few in my room now.

I'm gonna die of couch potato syndrome.
I've got a whole stack of cook books to read.

Maybe it's not that nothing to do holiday...


Anyway, I went to Blackbutt Reserve with Soo Siang on last Saturday.
It was a nice sunny day. Even the koala was awake and walking around and the wombat was awake and walking around too! They were both well known as sleeping most of the time or probably all the time and sleep in most of the day time. And the day was so great that peacocks decided to open up the feather and walking around showing off their wonderful feathers and let me snatch a few pics of them. We were pretty lucky!! =D And you know what?!! I get to touch kangaroo!! That overly friendly baby kangaroo came to the fences there and so we got to play with it and touch it!! So adorable! I shall stop my boring talking and let the pictures do the talking if not you all gonna bored to death.

-The forest I passed before I reach the wildlife exhibits-

- Me and the sleeping wombat-

- the awake wombat-

-love birds and they are very small-

-almost extinct parrots-

-can you see the bird's legs? so skinny, I wonder can it support the weight of the body-

- the overly active koala, the pic is a bit blurry tho-

-wallaby-

-peacock with its wonderful feathers-

-you know there is a reason how BlackBUTT is named. Even the peacock show you the butt-

-me with the peacock from far far away-

- a close up peacock head for you all =D-

-duckies-

-one of the wildlife exhibits-

-emus-

-then we starting to play with the sun ray-

-sun shines upon me-

-random-

-kangaroos-

-overly friendly baby kangaroo, so cute!-

-siang and joey, siang if you're reading this, pun intended-

- me and the baby kangaroo-

-black swan, only available in Australia-

-a very steep road-

-we look happy before going up-

-加油!! (jia you!!)-

-tired after we reached-

It was a wonderful day spent with the nature and the animals. I'll definitely go back again! =D
Don't you just love the nature?!!

ooh, this is a video I edited of the koala, wombat and dunno what bird, some of the part is a bit shaky tho, and I suddenly feel so sampat after I done editing.


fyi, the background voice in the beginning is not me. It belongs to a lady who was talking to me while I was recording the video.

Btw, correction! I made a mistake in my
previous post.

this is a bushtail possum, not raccoon, apparently I was told there is no raccoon in Australia, only America. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5 comments:

justin k said...

What on earth were you all talking in Mandarin in the vid? Just curious...was it about it's thigh?!

I prefer the wombat...it looks cuter. Can you go and steal one for me?! Go at night lah and break one of them out from the cage! I'll also accept the wallaby.

When you go discover Newcastle during your holidays be sure to snap pictures! Even of streets and buildings. I am interested to see how the surrounding looks like.

Nice jacket!

michiko said...

in the beginning, the lady was saying the bird's tail very beautiful, the one in the wombat part, my friend was talking about why they separate the two wombats with fences, so I said that maybe they will fight if put together.

....

okay... I will

thanks! =DD

Daphne Ling said...

Hey Mei Zhi,

Oi, how are you lar woman? Anyway, nice pictures of the animals (you also lar ;))...I especially like the one of the peacock head, up close...They're beautiful lar...=)

Anyway, I read somewhere that Australia and Tasmania have quite some animals who are similar to animals in other parts of the world, except that they come with the pouch (marsupial). I can't name them (the 'Other part' version and the 'Australian' version) offhand though...

Something to do with some evolution or adaptation thingy...I could be wrong, so don't quote me on it, k? ;)

michiko said...

heyy...

I'm doing good.. I guess... hehe!! thanks!! yah, I like the peacock head too!! haha!
oh really... maybe it's true... it's possible... =D

minami said...

michiko,i fever edi...
so miss u...
aiyo~