Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter and The Order of the pheonix


Yes, I went to watch the movie yesterday with Hui Peng and her two little sisters. Went to the dunno-what-cinema in Pacific. Their showing time SURPRISINGLY punctual. So I missed the first 10 minutes. DAMN IT!!! It says show at 2pm, I went at like 2.15pm as normally the cinema advertisements take up to at least 20 minutes, who knows when I went in, it's started!!! URGH!!!
This is a little review of the movie from my opinion.
The movie was nice, but if it doesnt go in to the "operation room", it would be even better. My friend told me that the movie was originally like 3 hours something, but after that, it is being choped here and there and left the pathetic 2 hours and 15 minutes. (well, I dunno whether it's true or not coz I can't find any pages that state the actual movie lenght) I think it's the shortest in the series so far. A lot of the details in the book have been cut off, so it was a bit dissapointing to me. If you never read the book and you watch the movie, you might get a little lost when you watch it. Hui Peng didn't read the book and she missed the fourth movie, so she was like "who is she?" "why things turn out like that?" "erm... why I never see this person before?" But undeniable, the graphics were good. A lot of magic were involved and the main characters have grown up. But I still prefer the cute little Harry. Oh, I hate professor Umbridge, especially when she made the disgusting laughter, summore she loves pink!!!! After the movie, I think I've got a temporary disgust to pink. ARGHHH!!!!!
Well, I like the part where the Weasly brothers created havoc in the exam hall and lead to chaos, though the part was different from what is described in the book. Totally different!! But you still get the idea what are they trying to convey. I also like the near-ending part where a lot of magic fighting were involved, it was pretty cool!!

Conclusion, the movie was a bit dissapointing but it was still okay in the overall. But Hui Peng claimed that it was boring... well.. everyone has their own point of view...

No comments: